The Eclipse 902-186N Fiber Optic Laser Tester is a light source used to locate breaks and misconnections in fiber optic cables. It is an ideal instrument to find the broken or bent patch cords, especially in fiber identification among ribbon or bunched optic fiber pigtails during the installation, in which identifying fiber from end to end may be troublesome or time-consuming. It as a 635nm Class III A laser source with an output power of 5mW and it can be used on SM (single mode) fibers.
The 902-186N projects a highly visible red light into a fiber optic cable. The operator simply looks at the length of cable and where light is seen, there is a break. Equipped with a high-power, extra long-life, 635nm Class III A laser diode, it operates in a Continuous mode. Any breaks will be seen as a conspicuously glowing red light point.
- Simple, Versatile, and user friendly design
- Rugged, compact, and splash proof aluminum housing
- Continuous Wave Output mode increases viewing contrast
- Blinking output mode increases viewing contrast
- Support 2.5mm Connect (for PC/FC/SC/ST)
- The buttom switch permits easy one handled operation